|Computer & E-mail
1. Start the Front Page program.
2. Connect to your web site one of these two ways.
a. If the “Connect to” box come up, fill it in.
b. If no “Connect to” box comes up, look over to the right and find the open area. Click on your web address. You will then get the “Connect to” box and now you can fill in this box. After you click “OK”, you will be connected to your web site.
3. On the left hand side is a folder list. Go to the top of the list and find the yellow folder at the very top. It should show http://... Right click on this yellow folder and select New > Folder.
4. The new folder should show at the bottom of the folder list. Find the new folder and change the name to LessonPlans.
5. We now are going to create the first page for your web site. Click on the Create a new normal page button in the upper left corner of your screen. You should get a white piece of paper to type on.
6. On this page you need to include your name and the names of your classes. If
you don’t want to include your 2nd semester classes, you don’t have to. But you
will have to go back at the beginning of 2nd semester and add them. Format this
as you wish. Save this page in your lesson plan folder as class_names.
Lesson Plans for Ms. Versteeg
7. Importing files. Click one time on the LessonPlans folder. Go up to the File menu and select the command Import.
8. You should see a box in the middle of your screen called Import. Click on the Add File button in the upper right corner.
9. Click the drop down arrow at the end of the Look In box.
Click on the line for the Shared drive.
Double click on the New Lesson Plans folder.
11. Hold down the control key and single click the banner_bvhs
and the template files. Click the open button in the lower right corner.
12. Click the Add Folder button at the Import Box and single click the yellow folder with the color of buttons you want. Click Open in the lower right corner and then click OK.
13. Click the plus sign in front of the LessonPlans folder to see your files.
14. Right click the Template.htm file and select rename. Type in the name of one of your classes. **Make sure to add the .htm at the end of the class name and then press enter.
15. Double click the file with your class name. listed. This
will open the file up on the right hand side. Change the instructor line to be
your name. Take off the name of the class and leave it empty for now. Fix the
picture of necessary. Save the file.
16. Delete the four boxes with the red x’s.
In the folder list, click on the plus sign in front of the yellow folder that
says buttons. Drag the buttons into the squares where you just deleted the red
x’s. You can place the four buttons in any order that you want.
Save the file.
18. Now it’s time to create some hyperlinks.
Right click the current week button and select hyperlink.
19. Click the bookmark button on the right hand side.
20. Click the bookmark labeled aug1 and then click ok and then
click ok again.
Save the page.
Right click the Other Info button and select hyperlink. Click the bookmark
button on the right hand side. Scroll down to the bottom of the bookmark names
and select oi.
22. Right click the back button and select hyperlink. DO NOT SELECT THE BOOKMARK BUTTON. You are not going to link to a bookmark. You need to find the file at the top of file name box that says class_names and double click that file.
Save the page.
Preview the page to see if the hyperlinks work.
Fix anything that doesn’t work right before going on.
23. Over in the folder list, right click the file that has the name of your class on it followed by .htm and select copy.
24. Right click on the yellow lessonplans folder and select paste.
You will now see a file name that has the name of your class with the word copy
26. Rename this file to one of your classes. To rename a file, right click the file name, select rename, type a new class name followed by .htm and then press enter.
27. If you have more classes you will need to paste the file again and rename the file again. Do this until you have all of your classes covered.
Go to each of the individual class pages and fill in the name of each class at
Make sure to save each page after you type on it.
Now we will fix the title bar for each page.
Open up one of your class pages. Right click anywhere on the page and select Page Properties. Type in an appropriate title for the page. Click Ok. Save the page.
Repeat this for the other class pages.
A few more hyperlinks and you’re done.
Open the file class_names page. Highlight one of your class names. Right click on that highlighted area and select hyperlink.
31. In the Insert Hyperlink box select the file at the top of the box that corresponds with what you have highlighted. Then click OK. When you look at your page, the name of the class should now be blue and have a line under it. Check to make sure the link works. Save the page.
32. Repeat this step for all other classes you have.
Now you are ready to add your lesson plans.
Open anyone of your class pages. Scroll down until you see the weekly calendar. Type in the information as you need. Don’t forget to save each page after you type on it.
Every week, you must change the bookmark for the current week button. To make this change you will right click the current week button, select hyperlink properties, and then select the appropriate bookmark. (steps 18-19-20) Save the page when finished.
**You MUST do this on each individual class page and you MUST do this at the beginning of each school week.
Back to Top
To Print a Blank Grade sheet
1. When in your grade book window choose my classes
2. Pick your class
3. Choose Class Options
4. Choose Reports
5.Choose Grade Sheet Reports
6. Choose Blank Sheet
7. Click Run Report
8. Click Print
9. Then you will get a download popup, click open.
10. Now at the top screen, (not the top of the page), you will get a security pop up, you will click on this bar and click download file.
11. Another download popup will appear and again choose open. If you want it for future references you will need to save it.
12. Now the blank grade sheet will open into a blank Adobe Acrobat window. All you need to do now is click print.
Back to Top
Changing View of Grade book
1. Start in the grade book, My Grade book, Choose class.
2. Choose Class Options, Then Choose Display options.
3. To sort the grades by date you need to choose assignment display.
4. In the 6th line down choose 'sort assignment by'. Then choose either descending of ascending.
Back to Top
Adding A New Class
1. Select an existing lesson plans page. Right click and click copy.
2. Click on lesson plans. Right click and paste it into your folder.
3. Right click the copied page.
4. Rename to the new class. (don't forget to put .htm at the end!)
5. Opened the copied page
6. Edit Class Name.
7. Save the page.
8.Open your class name page.
9. Add the new class to the list
10. Highlight and right click Hyperlink. Hyperlink it to a new page.
Back to Top